Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Past Two Weeks

Dear Blog,

            I apologize that I have been slow on the blog posts. As stated in my previous blog, I've been really sick lately with the stomach flu, so sick that I could not write my first term test. In the past few weeks, Professor Heap has begun to teach us proofs. He started by teaching us proof structures then moved onto actual proof statements. I'm trying to keep up with the lectures even though I haven't been able to attend all of them. After midterms, when I am hopefully no longer sick, I hope to buckle down hard and really practice the different kinds of proofs until I know exactly what I am doing. I was prepared for the first term test, but I need to be even more prepared for the second, especially with how high it is weighted for me now. I will keep you updated with my struggles.

Thanks
- J.M

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the flu! Remember that you can always go to office hours or the help centre, or email your TAs, about any material you've missed and would like to clarify.

    The best way to study is to work through examples! Try to apply what you've been learning so far to some problems, and it should help you highlight what you definitely know, and what you should look into a little more.

    ReplyDelete